How is solar panel maintenance carried out?💼
To keep the solar panel clean, simply use water with a small amount of soap to make it easier to rinse afterwards. It is not recommended to use detergents or harsh cleaning materials as this can permanently damage the surface of the panel.
The best way to clean the panel is to use a soft sponge and a small amount of dishwashing liquid, previously wetting the dirt so that it is easier to remove it later. Finally, rinse the panel abundantly with water without leaving any soap residue.
As a general rule it is recommended to do this cleaning about 3 or 4 times a year, or more frequently if it is an area with a lot of dust and dirt.
Some tips for maintenance💼
- Do not overuse detergents and make sure that no residues are left as this could damage the surface of our solar panels.
- Do not clean the solar panels on windy days as it can carry dust and dirt and the only thing we will get is that it will adhere to our wet solar panels.
- Pressure washing should not be used as it can damage our solar panels.
- When cleaning the solar panels you must be clear that the most important thing is safety because you will be performing a task at a certain height and you are working with water in a place where there is electricity so you should use insulating protections.
- In case you have doubts about how to clean the solar panels or if you can cause damage to them it is best that you contact professionals to perform the task for you, and thus avoid losing efficiency or warranty.
Now that you know how to perform the maintenance of solar panels, make sure that all the elements of the installation are working properly to get the maximum performance.